It might be “roll up the rim” season, but my favourite place to get a hot cup of tea is still from my own kettle – using the lovely teas from Britannia Teas on Water Street.
I just adore going into this boutique and choosing some new teas to try. Black tea, green, white or herbal… organic, decaf or fair trade… whatever your favourite, they have it all! All of the teas are loose-leaf and each is presented in a little canister so you can see and smell the leaves before buying.
– Spearmint: it has a delightful, refreshing flavour… a breath of fresh air and a nice change from the more commonly-seen peppermint variety.
– Lady Hannah’s Whole Fruit: it’s real pieces of dried fruit! Delicious, with a beautiful ruby colour.
– Decaf Sencha: for those Zen moments.
– Earl Grey Organic: A flavourful pick-me-up.
– And there are many more flavours I have yet to try!
Of course, it’s hard to resist the other goodies for sale as well. They have a small selection of gourmet candies, jams and sauces – and fun tea accessories, too.
Hot, iced, with a lemon twist, with a good book, with a cookie (or four)… what’s your favourite way to enjoy a cup of tea?